wen
Monday, September 13, 2004
FIRST AID
yest after dinner,whilst I was minding my own business in the car, dad asked me a question out of the blue:
"if we chance upon an accident right now, and there is someone who needs immediate medical help, are u able to come to his aide?"
that is actually a question that has crossed my mind many times.. It doesn;t matter how well we know the neuroscience monster, and whether we can memorise the list of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria from front to back. When it comes to the crunch, are med students like me able to put our knowledge to application and save some lives? True enough, I know the ABCs of first aid, but being able to stay calm in perilous situations and execute first aid successfully is another question altogether.. And i know that I am not prepared enough for that. Yes, i have a level 2 first aid cert, but I got that from a 1-day course. surely it takes more than that to master first aid.
i have decided. i will make my way down to the med library later to borrow a book on first aid. it's the least that i can do as a component of the lowest level in the med hierarchy. And i will work towards the day when i can, and i will really save some lives.
Posted by Unknown ::
2:08 PM ::
0 Comments:
Post / Read Comments
-------------------------------------