wen

Thursday, April 08, 2004



JUST FOR LAUGHS (courtesy of nec)



Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip. After a good

dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to

sleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful

friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

"I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes" replies Watson. "And

what do you deduce from that?" Watson ponders for a minute.

"Well, astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of

galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I

observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the

time is approximately a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I

suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically,

I can see that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and

insignificant part of the universe. What does it tell you, Holmes?"

Holmes is silent for a moment. "Watson, you idiot!" he says.

"Someone has stolen our tent!"


**********************************************************

A turtle was walking down an alley in New Yorkwhen he was mugged

by a gang of snails. A police detective came to investigate and asked the

turtle if he could explain what happened.

The turtle looked at the detective with a confused look on his face

and replied "I don't know, it all happened so fast."


**********************************************************

A doctor says to his patient, 'I have bad news and worse news'.

'Oh dear, what's the bad news?' asks the patient.

The doctor replies, 'You only have 24 hours to live'.

'That's terrible', said the patient. 'How can the news possibly be worse?'

The doctor replies, 'I've been trying to contact you since yesterday'.

Posted by Unknown :: 9:19 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------